- Terapia Ranbaxy is the largest generic drug company of Romania. The company has been functioning under this commercial name since June 2006, when Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited bought 96.7% of the shares of Terapia S.A.
- Terapia was established in 1921. The company has a strong trademark and it has been registering constant growth and profitability
- At present, Terapia Ranbaxy is the third most important force in the Ranbaxy Group, after India and U.S.A.
- By providing generic drugs at a lower price, Terapia Ranbaxy is serving the interest of Romanian population in terms of cost reduction in healthcare sector
- In 2007, Terapia Ranbaxy registered a turnover of 120 million USD, a 21% increase compared to the year 2006
- For Terapia Ranbaxy, a leading company on the market of generic drugs in Romania, functions of the Bioequivalence Department are essential. The importance of the bioequivalence research is also underlined by the evolution of activities and investments performed by the company in this field of activity:
- In 2002, Terapia S.A. inaugurated the first Centre of Bioequivalence Clinical Trials in Romania
- The next year, the National Medicines Agency granted GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) certification to the Centre, thus making a landmark in the Romanian pharmaceutical industry
- In the last years, a big part of the investments have been oriented towards equipment, modernization and extension of the bioequivalence facilities
- At present, the Terapia Ranbaxy Bioequivalence Department performs all the necessary studies for the generic products developed at a local level, as well as for the generic products developed in India before marketing these products on the European Union markets.
The Bioequivalence Department
- The Department was established in 2002 as a first Centre for Bioequivalence Clinical Trials in Romania.
- The department is dedicated towards conducting bioequivalence/bioavailability clinical trials as per international regulatory standars. By setting up this Centre, our company has proven once more its status of innovator and pioneer in the key domains of pharmaceutical research in Romania.
- Terapia Bioequivalence Department with all modern facilities was renovated in June 2005.
- All the activities of the department are performed by highly specialized personnel, in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- The department is structured in two distinct units: the Clinical Unit and the Bioanalytical Laboratory.
- Also, in the department are structured the Monitoring group, Pharmacokinetics and Report group and Quality Control group.
- Since June 2008, the Clinical Unit has a new facility with and a generous, modernized space for subjects and personnel.
Visit the virtual tour for a full presentation of our facilities.